Friday, April 06, 2007

Love

Do you actually love someone, or do you love the feeling you get when you love someone? If that someone does not make you feel something which you like, would you still love the person? At the end of the day it seems like we love ourselves more than anything else, no?”
Chan Ern Theng


Reading this quote on YH's paper on the philosophy of love brought a lot of personal questions to my mind. How do you know that you are in love? When you are willing to go beyond rationality to do something for a girl? When you feel like touching a girl whenever you are next to her? Suddenly I have found myself incapable of loving. It seems that I love nothing more than myself. Everyday I wake up wondering where I am on the path of self-fulfillment. Now, I cannot imagine myself spending my time doing those 'silly' things. I'm simply too tired to love. Can someone remind me how it is like to fall in love?

3 comments:

Diego Ryo said...

to me, love is not about yourself. it's about making the other person your centre of life. even though in the bigger picture it is for our own good. but the starting point of love shouldnt be ourselves. at least that's what youths should do.

i'll email u soon

SET said...

You remind me of Osho. Lol...

Anonymous said...

the gaylouzs are all so philosophical. hmm.. i miss listening to those profound thoughts